Saturday, July 11, 2020

MASKING



Cowards die many times before their deaths.
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
35It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

                            Julius Caesar 

 


http://www.historyofmasks.net/



 







Distancing





 

 Identity Theft Protection

  

You stole my identity

You stole my personality

You steal my intelligence

and my memory of how to draw flowers.

 

Crack the combination of my sexual history.

Dumpster-dive my defects and the numbers assigned them

But give me fair credit--

I’ve bought a cross-cutting shredder.

Steal the law

and steel me.

 

I must leave now.

 

I live in a toybox with my old old dolls and my play animals,

who bear no numbers and were paid for in cash.

Drug thieves have access to my former soul

but have no interest here.

 




















Do they love you or the mask you put on everyday?    – Shimika Bowe



                                                       






Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, 
we have a special face foreach friend. – Oliver Wendell Holmes




White House, Democrats fail to reach agreement on virus relief bill, and next steps are uncertain

    Washington Post, August 6, 2020










The question to ask about the writer isn’t ‘Why does he behave so badly?’ but ‘What does he gain by wearing this mask? – Philip Roth








No comments:

Post a Comment